Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Darren Hayes Interview = Darren's quotes


I found out that there was an interview from here, between Darren and Dan Balchin..

What i like on the interview is that the words came out from Darren,is so meaningful and truthfully,sincerely speak out.

I have highlighted some of the interview here which i really like....


"I feel like I was really meant to do this and I went through all those clichés musicians and artists talk about. "

"I did a semester of journalism and then quit because you had to do a grammar test and I found that pretty dull (laughs). So I auditioned to be an actor and go to this theatre course."

"Something like six people only could get in, for a year. My father told me that if I did it, I’d end up in the gutter. So, cutting a long story short, I did a teaching course to shut him up."

"I think that if you want to change the world, give a child a great start in education and a hero to believe in."


"Everything happening for a reason.At that time, it was quite magical for me. It was the same feeling you might have when you propose to somebody. Having your life flash before your eyes. When I left my first audition, my whole world changed in a nano second. It was terrifying, but I knew."


"Music has a special place for all of us.It’s one of those things like scent memory, like if you smell a perfume or something cooking in the kitchen, it transports you back to a moment in time."


"Music can make you burst into tears, it can make you stand up for something you believe in, it can release tension and help you get a girlfriend (laughs) or get over a break up. To be invited into people’s lives in that way is truly an incredible honour. I think the only way to understand how to do that is to not try"


"I now know instantly when I write a song, if it is for me, or someone else. "


"I pour so much of myself into my demos and the feedback I often get is ‘this is such a beautiful song. It sounds like a Darren Hayes song’."


"Sometimes I hit notes and sing in such a way that not everybody can sing it that way. I don’t think that my songs are the easiest to cover for other people really. They are very uniquely me."


"One thing I can never be accused of is repeating myself. "


"If I’ve written on of those in my career, then I’ve won. I think one of those is ‘Truly, Madly, Deeply’ and I think of those might exist on this record."


"I like to start the New Year fresh faced and not hungover, but I'm not really a fan of New Years. Actually, I'm not really a fan of Valentine’s Day either, or any day that Hallmark tells me I should buy cards for the occasion."


"You always want what you can’t have."




I can say that these are his incredible quotes,from the words that he spoke, is really can show that he is a talented artist,a marvelous singer,and an so extraordinary song writer.





0 comments: