Sunday, July 31, 2011

But You Didn't

Something nice to share here,i found it from my youngest sister.


I looked at you and smiled the other day
I thought you'd see me but you didn't

I said "I love you" and waited for what you would say
I thought you'd hear me but you didn't

I asked you to come outside and play ball with me
I thought you'd follow me but you didn't

I drew a picture just for you to see
I thought you'd save it but you didn't

I made a fort for us back in the woods
I thought you'd camp with me but you didn't

I found some worms and such for fishing if we could
I thought you'd want to go but you didn't

I needed you just to talk to,my thoughts to share
I thought you'd want to but you didn't

I told you about the game hoping you'd be there
I thought you'd surely come but you didn't

I asked you to share my youth with me
I thought you'd want to but you couldn't

My country called me to war
you asked me to come home safely

But I didn't

Written by: Stan Gebhardt


This poem is not to say that you are bad parents.
It's just something I want to share with you as a friendly reminder
to Love and Cherish your children's existence in your lives...
No matter how old they may be.
"Express your love more often."

0 comments: